- First Crufts show was in 1891
- Founder was Charles Cruft
- Crufts is a celebration of dogs and highlights the diverse role they play
- Crufts is run by The Kennel Club
- At the Crufts show you will find hundreds of trade stands, loads of displays and events and plenty of knowledgable doggy people to ask for advice.
- The first ever winner of Best in Show was a Greyhound called Primley Sceptre
- Around 26,000 dogs will be at Crufts 2012
- 21,029 dogs at Crufts 2012 will be in the judging line
- More 4 will be the channel broadcasting the show, along with Cruft's You Tube channel.
- Last years winner was a flat coated Retriever called The Kentuckian
- Crufts 2012 runs from the 8th to the 11th March
Monday, February 13, 2012
So for any newbie Crufts visitors out there I thought I would put together a few essential facts and figures so you can brush up on some Crufts basics in one quick read.